Alpha Delta Pi Apparel
Alpha Delta Pi T-Shirts
Alpha Delta Pi Sweatshirts
Alpha Delta Pi Long Sleeves
Alpha Delta Pi Tank Tops
Alpha Delta Pi Accessories
Alpha Delta Pi was first founded in 1851 as the Adelphean Society in Macon, Georgia. Alpha Delta Pi is considered the first secret society for women.
In 1904, a committee of three, contacted Attorney Dupont Guerry, the college's president, about to the procedure to become a national organization. They secured a charter of incorporation from the State of Georgia. In 1905, the Adelphean Society changed its name to Alpha Delta Phi. At the time of nationalization, Alpha Delta Phi had 60 active members and 3,000 alumnae.
In 1905, Beta Chapter was established at Salem College in Winston-Salem, North Carolina by two members of Alpha Chapter. The chapter had seven members and fifteen new initiates until the administration abolished sororities three years later. In 1906, the Gamma Chapter was founded. Visitors were not allowed at the school, so the chapter charter and special instructions were delivered to the new group by mail. In 1906, Jewel Davis entered the University of Texas at Austin as a graduate student, organized a group, and installed them as Delta Chapter, the fourth chapter of Alpha Delta Phi. Jewel Davis is listed as a charter member as there was no precedent for affiliation. Today, the Delta Chapter at The University of Texas at Austin is the oldest surviving chapter of Alpha Delta Pi. Between 1906 and 1912, eight more chapters were founded at various universities.
In 1913, Alpha Delta Phi officially changed its name to Alpha Delta Pi. The Convention body changed the name of the organization, adopted a recognition pin, and appointed a standardization committee. The trustees at Wesleyan Female College voted to abolish sororities. Chi Chapter, at Wittenberg University was the first chapter to bear the new name. In 1948, Mrs. Carolee Strock Stanard retired as Grand President and part of her keynote address became The Creed of Alpha Delta Pi. In 1960, Alpha Delta Pi's 100th chapter, Delta Omicron, was installed at East Carolina University. In 1971, the Zeta Gamma Chapter was adopted as the first sorority at the University of North Carolina Charlotte's campus.
In 1979, Alpha Delta Pi adopted Ronald McDonald Houses as the National Philanthropy. In 1983, Alpha Delta Pi Foundation was established. In 2001, Alpha Delta Pi celebrated its 150th Anniversary in Atlanta, Georgia, and in 2006, the Delta chapter, the oldest open chapter of ADPi, celebrated its 100th anniversary at The University of Texas at Austin. In 2009, Theta Theta Chapter at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Connecticut was installed. Theta Theta was the 200th chapter of ADPi to be installed. Chapters continue to be installed and anniversaries celebrated at numerous university campuses. In 2014, the Delta Sigma Chapter was reinstalled at The University of Mississippi.