Go Greek. Go Green.
Since the Greek community is all about helping the world, we decided to get involved too! On top of contributing to our clients’ philanthropies, we plant a tree for every order.
That’s right: when you order t-shirts, we plant a tree. When you order sweatshirts, we plant a tree. When you order yoga pants, hoodies, totes and tank tops, we will plant four trees!
Adam Block has partnered with Trees for the Future (http://trees.org/), a non-profit organization dedicated to planting trees in rural communities. Since its founding, the organization has planted over 115 million trees worldwide.
Trees for the Future provides training to local farmers on forest garden planning, nursery establishment, planting design and maintenance. They provide oversight, and also provide materials such as seeds, nursery bags, shovels, watering cans and wheelbarrows.
Trees for the Future helps farmers diversify their planting sites, and train them on sustainable harvesting methods. The gardens they help plant provide families with sustainable food sources, livestock feed, products to sell, and up to a 500% increase in their annual income.
Once established, trees create sustainable sources of crop shade, soil rehabilitation, food, windbreaks, medicine, mudslide control, timber and more for communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America, all while reducing CO2 levels and raising biodiversity worldwide.
- Trees absorb dangerous gases from the atmosphere.
- Trees replenish the atmosphere with oxygen.
- Trees permanently increase the income of poor farmers.
- Planting trees reverses environmental degradation.
- Trees help families become self-sufficient.
- Trees fight deforestation by putting less pressure on forests.
- Trees help renew & regenerate over-harvested land.
- Trees stabilize soil and prevent wind and soil erosion.
- Trees lower air temperature and help combat climate change.
- Planting trees restores biodiversity.
Here are some other eco-friendly things that we do, every day.
We feel responsible for our surroundings and want to make a positive impact on the world. At the local level–by making awesome designs to commemorate memories–and at the global level–by reducing the ecological footprint.
Every planted tree makes a small step towards a better world in which everyone of us would like to live. That’s why our vision is to design a more beautiful world.